Palmerston Railway Heritage Museum
COVID – 19 – Rules for the Safe Use of the Museum
On June 12, 2020 the government of Ontario lifted restrictions, allowing museums to operate in Stage 2 of the Phase 2 Re-opening plan.
The purpose of these rules is to ensure the safety of all patrons, staff and volunteers and to prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
Entrance Restrictions and Requirements
- If you are experiencing any of the following you are prohibited from accessing the Museum:
- Symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. worsening of cough, fever, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, chest tightness, muscle aches, chills, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, sore throat, headaches, digestive issues etc. )
- Close contact with a confirmed or probably COVID-19 case.
- Travel outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
- Instructions from local public health authorities to self-isolate due to travel or contact history.
- We are required to track who is visiting the Museum each day for close-contact tracing if required. You will be asked to provide your contact information so that we may get a hold of you if needed.
Physical Distancing & Capacity
- Maintain a distance of at least 2 metres or 6 feet from other people at all times.
- The Museum will be limiting numbers to 3 people in the Museum at a time (unless there is a larger group from the same household).
- We highly encourage visitors to call ahead or email to book an appointment to avoid disappointment.
- Please follow staff and volunteer direction on how to proceed safely through the Museum.
Due to the physical distancing and capacity limitations certain areas of the Museum may be off limits for a period while we monitor the situation. This could change over the course of the season, please follow our website and social media for updates.
- By order of the Medical Officer of Health for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph you are required to wear a face covering (except for children under the age of 2 years, people who would have difficulty breathing or a medical reason, or services that require you to temporarily remove the face covering, such as eating).
- If you do not have a face covering one will be provided for you at a cost of $2
- Use of hand sanitizer is also required on entry and exit and will be provided at those locations.
Displays, Rolling Stock and Tours
- Please do not touch displays or sit in chairs that have signage advising not to.
- At this time, our rolling stock will not be operating (Handcars and Train).
- At this time, tours will not be provided.
- Washroom facilities will be available upon request. Please notify staff if you require a washroom. This is to ensure the proper cleaning procedures can be completed between visitors.
- Please follow signs in regard to proper hand washing techniques.
- All areas of the Museum that are accessible to the public will be cleaned daily, as a minimum.